The Felixstowe Flyer Magazine December 2023
In The Felixstowe Flyer magazine December, The Flyer magazine December editions, we hear from local community groups, local schools as well as charity groups.
And other updates from local community groups, also local schools and organisations.
The Felixstowe Flyer December 2023
Shop Local This Christmas
In a world dominated by the latest plastic, toy, gadget, merch or must have, I find myself more and more a part of the local handmade/pre-loved revolution – especially at Christmas!
Reasons to buy local gifts
- You give support to a real person not a faceless chain
- Artisan gifts are more creative and unique than mass produced gifts
- You have the opportunity to create lifelong memories
- Local gifts are more sustainable with less plastic and pollution
Local Gift Ideas
Make It Yourself
My talents at Christmas only go as far as chutneys, pickles, cakes and the odd photo but still an excellent gift. If you have making skills – knitted, upcycled, painted, baked – frame it, put a ribbon on it, put it in a lovely basket… et voila! A handmade gift is will be remembered forever!
Charity shops have never been more relevant and we are lucky to have LOADS in Felixstowe packed with second-hand goodies. You get more for your money as well as supporting good causes. You can also give unwanted gifts to charity instead of upsetting granny by listing it on EBay. Check out local marketplace listings too!
The gift of learning
This gift can literally change a life! There are loads of great local teachers/courses from photography to pottery to gin making to language and music and more.
People that have changed my life with learning:
- Anthony Cullen, Photographic Day – took my amateur photography to a new level in one short course – My photo was on the telly and in the paper! We often see him at The Dip taking photos for Adnams (another local gift idea!)
- Mark Stuart – Guitar Tutor – Mark has been responsible for teaching many of our local guitarists and future stars – me included!
- Dominic Upson – pottery teacher – hilarious, fun and everyone I know now owns a handmade mug!
If you just want the gift of conversation this Christmas – The Dip is open on Boxing Day, Christmas week and New Year’s Day. For Xmas opening times – visit www.thedipkiosk.com/christmas or check us out on www.facebook.com/thedipfelixstowe