Saffron Walden Top 10 Local Events for February
Flyer freelance journalist Stephanie’s 10 top things to do this month
Based on the full listing of events kindly produced by the Saffron Walden TIC, here is my list of 10 top things to do locally. Enjoy what you choose to go to!
To view the full event listings or to contact the Saffron Walden Tourist Information Centre:
www.visitsaffronwalden.gov.uk 01799 524002 / 524003 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to upload your community, charity or not for profit event to the Flyer website, for free, please visit: www.flyeronline.co.uk/whats-on
1) SAFFRON WALDEN CAMERA CLUB ANNUAL EXHIBITION – until 22nd February – at Saffron Walden Library during its opening hours
2) SAFFRON WALDEN SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA, Saffron Hall, Saffron Walden, CB11 4UH – 3pm – 9th February. Tickets in person from Saffron Walden Tourist Information Centre or www.saffronhall.com or 0845 548 7650.
3) ROCK & ROLL BINGO EVENING, SAFFRON WALDEN, United Reformed Church Hall – 7pm – 15th February. Tickets 01799 502855. Organised by the Inner wheel Club of Saffron Walden, in aid of ‘Together in Sound’ (music therapy for those living with dementia)
4) SBS COMMUNITY CHOIR AND TYRANNOCHORUS “THE LOVE CONCERT”, St Mary’s Parish Church – 7pm – 15th February. Tickets from Saffron Walden Tourist Information Centre and Eventbrite. A charitable concert in aid of East Anglia Children’s Hospice/Addenbrooke’s Children’s Oncology and Haematology Department
5) HANDS ON WITH HISTORY AT AUDLEY END HOUSE AND GARDENS – 15thto 23rd February. Train the Troops” activities for children. Details: www.english-heritage.org.uk/audley
6) SAFFRON WALDEN MUSEUM HALF TERM ACTIVITIES, SAFFRON WALDEN MUSEUM, MUSEUM STREET, CB10 1JL – drop in from 10.30am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 3.30pm – 19th to 21st February. Museum charges apply. Details: 01799 510333, www.saffronwaldenmuseum.org
7) CYRANO DE BERGERAC’ PLAY FROM THE PLAYHOUSE THEATRE – 7pm – 20th February
8) SAFFRON WALDEN COMEDY CLUB, Saffron Walden Town Hall – 20th (Mark Thomas) and 21st (Jack Dee) February. Tickets in person at Saffron Walden Tourist Information Centre
9) SAFFRON WALDEN MODEL RAILWAY CLUB EXHIBITION, United Reformed and Salvation Army Halls, Abbey Lane, CB10 1AG – 10am to 4.30pm – 22nd February. Exhibition, Traders, second-hand stalls and refreshments. Enquiries: 01799 521029
10) MACMILLAN CANCER SUPPORT ANNUAL MAMMOTH QUIZ NIGHT, Sewards End Village Hall – 7pm – 28th February. Tables of eight. Bring food and drink for your table. Book by email: email@example.com