Felixstowe Events in March
Flyer freelance journalist Stephanie’s 10 top things to do this month
Based on news sent into the Flyer here is my list of 10 top things to do locally. Enjoy what you choose to go to!
If you would like to upload your community, charity or not for profit event to the Flyer website, for free, please visit: www.flyeronline.co.uk/whats-on
1) Felixstowe Sunday Market, Sunday 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th March, 9.00am, Manning’s Amusements, Sea Road IP11 2DN.
Every Sunday. Refreshments available. Admission free. For info: 01394 282370 or www.manningsamusements.co.uk
2) St. John’s – Messy Church, Wednesday 11th March, 3.30pm to 5.45pm, St. John’s Church, Orwell Road IP11 7PW. Fun, crafts, stories and a shared meal. Children need to be accompanied by a parent/carer. Just turn up. Admission free (donations welcome) For info: 07581 390224 or https://felixstowe.church
3) Felixstowe Family History Society and Felixstowe History and Museum Society Talk, Wednesday 11th March, 7.30pm, Broadway House, Orwell Road IP11 7DD. Gill Blanchard – ‘Behind the Scenes of Who Do You Think You Are?’ All welcome. Members free. Visitors £1.00. For info: 01394 674355; www.felixstowefhs.onesuffolk.net; www.felixstowemuseum.org
4) Monthly Beach Litter Pick at Landguard, Saturday 14th March , 9.30am, Landguard Nature Reserve, View Point Road IP11 3TW. Just turn up. Meet at the southern end of the Bird Observatory compound beside the white radar tower. Info: 01394 673782 or www.lbo.org.uk
5) 1st Kirton Scout Group – Big Spring Jumble Sale
Saturday 14th March, 2.00pm to 3.30pm, Kirton Church Hall, Church Lane IP10 0PU. Organised by the 1st Kirton Scout Group. Tea, coffee and soft drinks available. Raising money to build a Scout Hut. For info: firstname.lastname@example.org or www.1stkirton.suffolkscouts.org.uk
6) Sea Front Health Walk, Monday 16th March, 10.45am, meet outside the Felixstowe Leisure Centre, IP11 2AE.
Approximately 40-60 minutes. Everyone welcome. Admission free. Just turn up. For info: 01473 718193 or www.onelifesuffolk.co.uk
7) Suffolk Wildlife Trust – Felixstowe Group Evening Talk, Tuesday 17th March, 7.30pm,
Broadway House, Orwell Road IP11 7DD. The topic is Suffolk Bats by Anne and Dennis Kell. All welcome. £2.50 per person. Free refreshments (donations welcome). For info: 01394 210535; www.facebook.com/SWTfelixstowe; www.suffolkwildlifetrust.org
8) Community Light Orchestra – Concert of Light Classics and Music from the Shows, Friday 20th March, 7.30pm, River of Life Church, Christian Life Centre, IP11 2FS.
Light classics and music from the shows. Including guest choir Felixstowe Harmonies. Admission free. Retiring collection in aid of Felixstowe (CAP) Debt Counselling Centre. For info: 01394 279368 or www.communitylightorchestra.co.uk
9) Felixstowe Area -‘N’ Gauge Group Model Railway Open Day, Saturday 21st March, 10.00am — 4.30pm. Welcome Hall, High Road, Trimley St. Mary, IP11 0TN. Group members layouts running, including the modular display. Trade and second-hand stalls, advice on all aspects of modelling in ‘N’ gauge and light refreshments. Admission free. For info: 01394 277211 or www.felixstowengauge.org.uk
10) Easter Trail, taking place from Friday 3rd April until to Sunday 19th April, 10.00am — 5.00pm,
Landguard Fort, View Point Road IP11 3TW. Join in the Easter fun, with the quiz trail around Landguard Fort. Normal admission charges for the Fort apply, plus £2.00 for a trail sheet. For info: 01394 675900 or www.landguard.com