Felixstowe Events in February
Flyer freelance journalist Stephanie’s 10 top things to do this month
Based on the full listing of events – which is available at www.felixstowe.org.uk – here is my list of 10 top things to do locally. Enjoy what you choose to go to!
If you would like to upload your community, charity or not for profit event to the Flyer website, for free, please visit: www.flyeronline.co.uk/whats-on
1) Felixstowe Sunday Market, Sunday 9th, 16th and 23rd February, 9.00am, Manning’s Amusements, Sea Road IP11 2DN
Every Sunday. Refreshments available. Admission free. For info: 01394 282370 or www.manningsamusements.co.uk
2) Felixstowe Walkers – The Grove, Wednesday 12th February, 10.30am, Meet in The Grove car park, off Grove Road
A 2.5 mile walk through an area of natural woodland. Full details: www.felixstowesociety.org
3) Monthly Beach Litter Pick at Landguard, Saturday 15th February , 9.30am, Landguard Nature Reserve, View Point Road IP11 3TW
All welcome. Just turn up. Meet at the southern end of the Bird Observatory compound beside the white radar tower. Info: 01394 673782 or www.lbo.org.uk
4) February Half-term Trail, Saturday 15th February to Sunday 23rd February, 10.00am — 4.00pm, Landguard Fort, View Point Road IP11 3TW
Join in with the quiz trail around Landguard Fort. Normal admission charges for the Fort apply, plus £2.00 for a trail sheet. Info: 01394 675900 or www.landguard.com
5) The Bon Jovi Experience, Saturday 15th February, 7.30pm, The Spa Pavilion, Undercliff Road West IP11 2DX
The Bon Jovi Experience have become the only band to have performed live on stage with Jon Bon Jovi himself. Performing all the hits.
Box Office: 01394 284962, www.felixstowespa.co.uk
6) The Jungle Book, Monday 17th February, The Spa Pavilion, Undercliff Road West IP11 2DX
Join us on this crazy jungle family musical adventure. Performances at 1.00pm and 4.30pm. Box Office: 01394 284962, www.felixstowespa.co.uk
7) Sea Front Health Walk, Monday 17th February, 10.45am, meet outside the Felixstowe Leisure Centre, IP11 2AE
Approximately 40-60 minutes. Everyone welcome. Admission free. Just turn up. For info: 01473 718193 or www.onelifesuffolk.co.uk
8) Suffolk Wildlife Trust – Felixstowe Group Evening Talk, Tuesday 18th February, 7.30pm, Broadway House, Orwell Road IP11 7DD
Evening illustrated talk on Butterflies of the SWT Reserves, from the Suffolk Wildlife Trust – Felixstowe Group. Admission charge. All welcome. For info: 01394 210535, www.suffolkwildlifetrust.org
9) Trimley Saints Players: King Arthur – The Panto, Wednesday 19th February to Saturday 22nd February, 7.30pm with Saturday Matinee at 2.30pm, Memorial Hall, High Road, Trimley St. Martin IP11 0RJ
The new family panto from the Trimley Saints Players. ‘King Arthur’ by Archie Wilson. Pre-booking essential. To book: 07487 518649, www.trimleysaintsplayers.co.uk
10) Felixstowe Fairtrade Fortnight, Monday 24th February to Sunday 8th March,
throughout the town. Displays at Felixstowe Library.
The Fortnight is co-ordinated by the Felixstowe Fairtrade Forum.
Monday 24th February (10.30am): Event launch at Christ Church (coffee morning and Fairtrade cake) and Felixstowe Walkers – Fairtrade 2.5 mile walk (from Christ Church)
Saturday 29th February: Family Fun Day at Felixstowe Library
Admission free to events. More details: www.felixstowe-fairtrade.org.uk