Bishop’s Stortford March
Flyer freelance journalist Stephanie’s 10 top things to do this month
Based on news sent into the Flyer here is my list of 10 top things to do locally. Enjoy what you choose to go to!
If you would like to upload your community, charity or not for profit event to the Flyer website, for free, please visit: www.flyeronline.co.uk/whats-on
Other sources of information on Bishop’s Stortford and Sawbridgeworth local events include:
- Family Fun Race Night (with East Anglia Race Nights) – at Birchwood High School – Friday 13th March Arrive 6.30pm for a 7pm start. Tickets £10 (includes food options) plus a bar and raffle. All funds raised will be donated to the Birchwood Personalised Learning Centre. To book email: email@example.com
2) The Rolling Clones – Sawbridgeworth Memorial Hall – Saturday 14th March Doors open 7.45pm.
The UK’s number 1 Rolling Stones tribute band www.smht.org.uk
3) Water Lane Theatre Company “And then there were none” by Agatha Christie – Rhodes Arts Complex – Thursday 19th to Saturday 21st March 7.30pm and 3pm Sat Matinee.
10 strangers arrive on an island for a house party whose host hasn’t arrived. When one of the guests dies suddenly and with no one else on the island it soon dawns on them the murderer is amongst them……. but will they strike again? Tickets: www.rhodesartscomplex.co.uk or 01279 710200
4) Sawbridgeworth’s Got Talent – Sawbridgeworth Memorial Hall – Saturday 21st March Doors open 4.45pm.
Showcasing the best of Sawbridgeworth’s talent. Tickets on the door www.smht.org.uk
5) Mothering Sunday Service – St Michael’s Church, Bishop’s Stortford – Sunday 22nd March 10am.
Junior Church will be making floral gifts for all the ladies in the congregation that morning www.saintmichaelweb.org.uk
6) Roy Hudd: Comedy Legend Chat Show – Rhodes Arts Complex – Friday 27th March
Join the “Master of Mirth” in a comical conversation with his wide Debbie, celebrating 60 years in show business. This chat show includes triumphs, disasters, name dropping, songs, monologues and funny anecdotes.
Tickets: www.rhodesartscomplex.co.uk or 01279 710200
7) Sawbridgeworth Art Exhibition & Sale – Sawbridgeworth Memorial Hall –
Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th March from 10.30am to 4.30pm.
In Support of Isabel Hospice. Refreshments by Sawbridgeworth WI Café.
To submit entries of paintings or photographs contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
8) Daisy May’s Farm Spring Special event – Hall Road, Elsenham – Sunday 29th March from 11am to 3pm.
Meet, feed and groom the animals, chick cuddling, crafting, pony riding, Easter treasure hunting, castle bouncing and face painting. Refreshments available.
9) Chatter Tables – Sawbridgeworth Library – Monday 30th March drop in between 10am and 12 Noon. Spend some time with others whilst enjoying a drink and a cake www.hertfordshire.gov.uk
10) Bishop’s Stortford Climate Group meeting – Windhill Churches Centre – Wednesday 1st April
8pm. If you want to get involved on a personal or business level why not come along and find out how we can do our bit for the climate at this crucial time www.bishopsstortfordclimategroup.org